Innovation Centres in the University
Cluster Innovation Centre
The Cluster Innovation Centre or CIC as it is popularly known- was established in 2011. It has been designed to seek and derive innovations from various clusters such as industries, villages, slums and educational clusters. It is an endeavour to harness the passion and dedication of bright young minds to solve some of the major challenges of our civil society through its learning and research programmes.
The CIC has pioneered the concept of Meta College as well as Meta University and runs a highly innovative state of the art learning and research programmes. The Design Innovation Centre (DIC) at CIC, established in 2015 under the National Initiative for Design Innovation with funding from MHRD offers graduate and post-graduate Programmes and student internships that are mentored by junior and senior design fellows.
DUCIC offers electives, certificates courses, workshops and design camps with the objectives of infusing design-based learning. The courses are delivered in blended-learning format. Currently, at DUCIC-Technology Business Incubator (MSME), eight projects are being incubated. The DUCIC Technology Business Incubator provides funding (through MoMSME), mentoring and co-working space to students facilitate start-ups. So far, three profitable companies have graduated.
- Autonomi Robotic Society@DUCIC
- CIC Innovation Project's Booklet Muse (2012-2015) Volume 1
- CIC Innovation Project's Booklet Muse (2015-2018) Volume 2
- Design Innovation Centre@DUCIC
- Technology Bussiness Incubator DIC@DUCIC
Centre for Innovation in Infectious Disease Research, Education and Training (CIIDRET)
CIDRET was established under Ordinance XV-A of the University in October 2015 with the main objective to develop innovative approaches towards developing diagnostics, prophylactics and therapeutics for infectious diseases plaguing India, such as Tuberculosis, Malaria, Typhoid, HIV-AIDS, Chikungunya and Dengue infections. Another objective is to make its state-of-the-art Genomic and Proteomic facilities available for use by the scientific community, and to train students, research scholars and teachers in advance techniques and technologies, beyond their regular classroom learning, through short-term and long-term courses. Yet another aim of the centre is to interact with the Biotech Industries to provide consultancy and solutions through the expertise and facilities available to scientists involved at CIIDRET. CIIDRET also promotes Industry-Academia Interaction through ‘Entrepreneurship Guest Public Lecture Series’, which includes lectures by Entrepreneurs and the facilitators of Innovation.
Entrepreneurial Projects/Activities in the University
Incubation Centres in the University
A first of its kind Electropreneur Park to support start-ups in electronic system design and manufacturing (ESDM) has been established at the South Campus of the University, under the aegis of the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, Software Technology Park of India (STPI) and India Electronics and Semiconductor Association (IESA). The main objectives of the Park include:
- Creation of holistic eco-system for encouraging R&D and innovation,
- Entrepreneurship in the ESDM sector in India, enabling the creation of Intellectual Property.
- Provide assistance during prototyping, development and commercialization of the products produced through the scheme for India and other grow the markets,
- Creation of employment at various levels and creation of long- term partnership with strategic sectors.
The major achievements of the start-ups at the Electropreneur Park include the initiation of 4 funded start-ups and launching of 7 products.
Various start-ups (incubation & pre-incubation) at Electropreneur Park are as follows:
- Starbru Techsystems Pvt. Ltd.
- Stemrobo Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
- Fitnano Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
- Univlabs Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
- Doorastha Analytics Pvt. Ltd.
- EVI Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
- AJ Simply Purify Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
- IOTomation Ecotech Pvt. Ltd.,
- Ceantra Technologies Pvt. Ltd.,
- Resonant Electronics Pvt. Ltd.,
Technology Business Incubator
The Ministry of Micro, Small Medium Enterprise (MoMSME) has supported the Technology Business Incubator (TBI) at the Cluster Innovation Centre, University of Delhi (DUCIC, TBI) under the scheme "Support for Entrepreneurial and Managerial Development of SMEs through Incubators". TBI has been set up with an objective to facilitate nurturing of ideas by promoting emerging technological and knowledge based innovative ventures.
The following are the ideas approved by MoMSME:
|• Mathematical Games||• Survaider|
|• Ed Rob||• Apparel Media|
|• Sign My Tour||• Tnine Infotech|
|• Pix Vera||• Lithic|
|• Ideas Market|
Tuesday 05-Jan-21 16:31:24 IST